Jobs at The Sparrows
The Sparrows Coffee Tea and Newsstand is a specialty coffee shop in Grand Rapids, MI. Since 2007, Sparrows has been dedicated to serving coffee with hard work, kindness, and inclusivity. Sparrows offers thoroughly crafted coffee, an extensive selection of teas, and a warm and inviting space for community to gather.
It’s no secret that Sparrows employees work hard. Above all else, we show respect for each other and for what we do. We value everyone’s contribution and we have fun. We look for kindness, grit, and tenacity in our staff, and do everything we can to build community through service of high quality coffee and tea.
• Stand and walk—must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
• Perform repetitive motion with the hands, wrists and forearms to operate espresso machinery
• Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
• Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
• Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Work is performed in the cafe
• The work environment can be noisy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com