Join our team
It’s no secret that Sparrows employees work hard. Above all else, we show respect for each other and for what we do. We value everyone’s contribution and we have fun. We look for kindness, grit, and tenacity in our staff, and do everything we can to build community through service of high quality coffee and tea.
We are always looking for motivated, hardworking individuals to join our team. If you are interested, please see below for open positions and information to apply.
• Attend meetings and communicate effectively with management.
• Maintain extensive coffee knowledge; know origins and stories of coffees available; stay informed of industry trends; assist with customer education.
• Personal ongoing development.
• Complete a training program and show consistency with The Sparrows’ coffee, espresso, milk techniques, and brew methods.
• Consciously maintain a workplace culture that is consistent with Sparrows’ mission, vision, guiding principles, and values.
• Attend monthly coffee trainings and/or meetings; Communicate with management about details; Attend, arrive on time, and act in a professional manner.
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience and proficiency with espresso preparation standards
• Desire to educate others about our coffee
• Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
• Demonstrated ability to deliver customer service up to Sparrows’ standards
• Great communication skills both with employees and customers
• People skills
• Problem solving and multitasking ability
• Familiarity with spreadsheets, Google Docs, Slack, and other computer tools
• Stand and walk—must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
• Perform repetitive motion with the hands, wrists and forearms to operate espresso machinery
• Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
• Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
• Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Work is performed in the cafe
• The work environment can be noisy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.
Please send your cover letter and resume here to apply.